Nokia has released a new firmware in the mid of september 2010 to fix this problem. After you update the software with the latest version, you can use your mobile without annoying hanging problems.
Before doing the following steps just make sure that you have the latest software or not.
Type this code on your Nokia Mobile *#0000#. and check whether your firmware is 4.8 or 4.9. If your update is 4.8 then do the following steps
1) First you need to install Nokia software updater which can be downloaded from their official link
2) Install this Software on your computer.
3) After connecting your mobile to PC, double click on the updater icon. The updater automatically checks for the updates. (You will get an update of about 50 Mb).
4) After updation, your mobile will have no hanging problems.
- Make sure that you have a good Internet connection which doesn't gets disrupted.
- Make sure that you back up all your contacts and messages because everything would be lost once the update is done.